People Operations Specialist
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
What you'll do
- Provide administrative support to the Employees and the HR Team on all HR-related duties.
- HRIS: Act as the HRIS superuser, ensure that all records in the HR system are kept up-to-date & accurate and administer the holiday system for the company. Proactively manage the reporting function of the system, providing accurate MIS information as requested to support the business.
- Propose, design and participate in a range of people projects spanning the full breadth of the people function (employee relations, talent management & acquisition, learning & development, career progression and people data & systems.
- Partner with HR, Talent Acquisition, Legal, and Finance teams to identify opportunities for People system automation, integration, and other process efficiencies.
- Support internal users (People team members) and employees who rely on our systems.
- Stay up to date on current People system technological advancements in the industry.
- Develop a strategy to optimise HR systems to meet business requirements and drive process automation, data accuracy, business insights and employee engagement.
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes and partner with teams across People, Finance, and Legal on implementation of solutions. Perform regular business process reviews to make ongoing suggestions and create action plans.
- Be responsible for the successful discovery, design, execution and adoption of our most complex and cross-functional People initiatives, including technology improvements and integrations.
- Identify and proactively suggest new ideas and opportunities for Wayflyer to be at the forefront of People related topics
- Manage regular project communications with stakeholders across the business including the Leadership Team.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong business acumen - you understand how the business works and how technology fits for purpose and provides a foundation to deliver an outstanding employee experience.
- Ability to confidently engage with stakeholders, to gain trust with others and work in a confidential environment.
- Able to plan and manage projects, third parties and personal deliverables.
- Able to engage others and resolve or escalate issues appropriately.
- Highly analytical and detail conscious, validating quality of data input and reporting outcomes.
- Able to understand and articulate requirements, challenge constructively and set clear expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, results driven and you measure everything.
- Team player and coach - keen to contribute but also to take others under your wing of a technology driven “system automation customer oriented mindset”.
- Used to work in a fast paced, high growth environment identifying and defining requirements directly with senior HR and business leaders.
- Experience with HRIS and ATS solutions along with other modern people technology and systems.
- Experience with system implementations.
- Experience with RFP processes, vendor selection and management and negotiating service agreements.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
What perks and benefits do we offer?
Generous paid leave + public holidays
Home working equipment
Supportive parent policies
Offices in Dublin, London, and Sydney
See more open positions at Wayflyer
Something looks off?