Product Manager - New Product Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to help develop new products within Wayflyer. As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, validating product market fit and launching new products. You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment with a small team of designers and engineers.
What you'll do
- Conduct in-depth research to identify customer needs, trends, and opportunities for new products.
- Validate the commercial and technical feasibility of new opportunities within a small team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including designers, engineers, marketing, and customer support to successfully launch new products.
- Monitor and analyse product performance and customer feedback to continuously improve the product.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive products.
- Develop and implement a product roadmap that aligns with the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 3 years product development experience in an early stage start up.
- Interest in how e-commerce brands work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of launching successful new products.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with a results-driven mindset.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
What perks and benefits do we offer?
Generous paid leave + public holidays
Home working equipment
Supportive parent policies
Offices in Dublin, London, and Sydney
See more open positions at Wayflyer
Something looks off?