Workplace Experience Lead
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
What you'll do
- Oversee and support all administrative duties of our new HQ in Dublin City Centre and ensure that the office is operating smoothly. This includes Reception, Visitor Management and Digital Signage Administration;
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors including snack programme vendor, janitorial services and parking management;
- Oversee and support the work of technical facilities management vendors with responsibility for the tools and services that support the functionality, safety, and sustainability of buildings, grounds, infrastructure, and real estate;
- Develop and enforce office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately, in Ireland and across our global offices;
- Oversee and support general office operations and maintenance including equipment servicing and inventory management;
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary;
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail;
- Manage office budget and expenditure;
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems;
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports;
- Event management and organisation including office parties etc;
- Responding to ad hoc office queries via Jira.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- This role will be office based and the successful candidate must be available to work at our Dublin City HQ 100% of the time
- 2+ years of work experience in an office management/workplace experience role.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Must be a self-starter and driven.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
What perks and benefits do we offer?
Generous paid leave + public holidays
Home working equipment
Supportive parent policies
Offices in Dublin, London, and Sydney
See more open positions at Wayflyer
Something looks off?