Finance and Payroll Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Our mission is to empower eCommerce stores to unlock their full potential. Join us!
Wayflyer is revolutionising eCommerce by levelling the playing field for founders across the world. Our first product, the Merchant Cash Advance, solves a major pain point for brands: access to short-term finance to fund inventory and marketing spend.
Since launching in April 2020, we’ve deployed over $1.5bn in funding to 1,000’s of eCommerce founders across 10 countries.
We’ve helped companies like Wild, Dock & Bay and Branch take their businesses to the next level. Check out this video from Davie Fogherty, another one of our brilliant customers, giving a great explanation of what we do and how we helped The Oodie go from strength to strength.
We’re a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining an ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
We announced our Series B in February 2022 raising $150m in funding at $1.6bn valuation; backed by world-leading VCs including QED and DST Global.
Teams at Wayflyer are truly cross-functional. Regardless of your role at Wayflyer, you'll work with a variety of different disciplines and teams from around the world on a multitude of challenging projects and game-changing products to revolutionise the eCommerce landscape.
What you'll do
- Manage the payroll delivery of timely and accurate monthly payrolls in five jurisdictions.
- Lead the relationship with third party vendors and tax authorities.
- Manage team quality control of customer service to employees and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with managers across HR Ops, Finance and Treasury teams to streamline payroll-related processes and policies.
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax authorities, and internal / external audit is met.
- Manage the delivery of payroll accounting, including reporting and year-end processes.
- Own the wages and salaries GL code and work with the wider finance team to reconcile movements each month.
- Build out your accounting knowledge and become a key team member for the month end and year end reporting.
- Work with a small dynamic and cross-functional team developing and rolling out procedures for operational efficiency.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous experience in a payroll or accounting role.
- An appetite to expand your knowledge out of your key competency.
- Curiosity and commercial acumen with the drive and potential to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Efficient and effective work style in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and manage workload while remaining attentive to details, and prioritising time efficiently.
- You’re a do-er – someone who enjoys getting things done and spotting and offering solutions to problems before they exist.
- Solid interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills – the successful candidate will work with and support multiple teams situated across the organisation and across different locations as well as being the go to person for any employee related queries.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, proactive problem-solver, and solutions-oriented.
- Team-player – willing to pitch-in when needed to help on projects, tasks and initiatives, as and when needed; enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Strong working knowledge of tools and systems including MS Office, particularly Excel, Slack, HiBob HR system, Google.
What is important to point out is that you can do most or all of the above mentioned and can point to your real experience doing it. You’ve probably done it at companies of different shapes, sizes and industries. Given what we do, experience in financial services, fintech and business-to-business organisations is particularly interesting to us.
On top of that, you’re amazing at prioritisation. You make sure you’re not spread too thin while also giving teams the support they need. You spend your time on the things that make a positive difference. People get why you’ve chosen to say ‘yes’, ‘no’, or ‘not yet’, and are ok with it.
What you’re like as a person and how you treat people is a big deal for us. People love working with you. You’re helpful and generous with your time and knowledge. People love helping you back. People know where they stand with you.
You’re always looking to learn and grow, on a personal and professional level. And you’re always looking to help others learn and grow by sharing your own knowledge and experience.
You know why diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging matters, and speak up when we can do better.
What happens next
We’ll review and respond to every application we receive. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we will be in touch to find out more about you and what you’re looking for.
What perks and benefits do we offer?
Generous paid leave + public holidays
Home working equipment
Supportive parent policies
Offices in Dublin, London, and Sydney
See more open positions at Wayflyer
Something looks off?