Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced scale-up with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is hiring!
After closing our $80M Series B funding last year and going through a hyper growth phase, we are now striving to lead the tech-focused transformation in our field and become the number 1 all-in-one spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. Join us as our new Commercial Lawyer in Vienna and help us achieve our goals! 🚀
As a Commercial Lawyer at Yokoy, you are responsible for negotiating commercial contracts with our partners, clients, and suppliers independently, as well as support our Data Protection Officer (DPO) regarding data privacy/compliance matters. We are a product-driven company, and a visionary best-in-class product is the key for our customer’s success. Providing legal advice negotiating efficiently in the interests of the company and the ability to adopt to a rapidly changing environment are crucial for our continuous growth.
🧑🏽💻 What you’ll do:
- You offer legal counsel and assistance to both internal and external stakeholders.
- You provide guidance on regulations, claims, transactions, and contractual matters.
- You take charge of negotiations for commercial contracts and formulate legal paperwork pertaining to contracts, compliance, and marketing affairs.
- You elevate current legal, data protection, and security structures.
- You collaborate with the legal team to refine internal protocols.
- You contribute to the resolution of commercial disputes.
⚒️ What you’ll need:
- You’re a holder of a European Master’s Degree (awarded by a University or University of Applied Sciences) specializing in (business) law, with a strong preference for expertise in IT law and proficiency in matters of data protection.
- You are a seasoned Legal Professional with a proven record of accomplishments encompassing commercial negotiation, adherence to compliance, proactive problem-solving, and a business-oriented mindset.
- You possess a minimum of 4 years’ hands-on experience within a business-oriented setting, demonstrating your engagement either within a legal firm or an internal legal division of a corporation.
- You exhibit adeptness in collaborative ventures within a dynamic and motivated team, while excelling in high-pressure environments.
- You showcase a robust business sense, excellent communication skills, and an unwavering can-do attitude.
- You thrive within an energetic and ambitious team environment, contributing to shaping the company and engaging in a diverse array of daily tasks.
- You comfortably embrace rapid transformations and the challenges of swift expansion.
- You are fluent in both English and German; proficiency in additional languages is advantageous.
🚀 What you’ll get:
- Resources and trust: you own your work and shape things from day one.
- Flat hierarchies: opportunity to work closely with the founders and the leadership team.
- Fast-paced environment: quickly measure and learn about the impact of your work.
- Flexibility: everyone has their own highly productive times - we look at the output and not at what time it was produced.
- Hybrid setup: we enjoy in-person sessions, but we have also learned (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working.
- Competitive scale-up package with the possibility to partake in the upside.
- Work anywhere: we offer up to 6 weeks remote work within the EU.
We are keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you would like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
👉🏽 What’s going to happen next: we aim to get back to you regarding your application within 8 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. If you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, don’t be afraid to let us know.
If after reading our job ad you figure that this isn’t the right fit for you, feel free to share it with a friend or colleague who might be interested.
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy automates spend management for medium and large enterprises with artificial intelligence, combining expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate cards into one single intuitive platform.
🏢 Founded in Switzerland in 2019 by experienced business professionals and scientists, Yokoy is the leading, all-in-one fintech platform that provides an AI-based full spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. By combining automation, API integrations and machine learning developed in Yokoy’s own cutting-edge research lab, the company offers expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate credit cards in a single intuitive tool. All underpinned by the most up-to-date security and stability. Yokoy’s mission is to finally rid the corporate spending world of the legacy processes that have plagued it for decades and is backed by leading investors including California-based Sequoia Capital, New York-based Left Lane Capital and London-based Balderton Capital.