Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced scale-up with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is hiring!
After closing our $80M Series B funding last year and going through a hyper growth phase, we are now striving to lead the tech-focused transformation in our field and become the number 1 all-in-one spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. Join us as our new Frontend Engineer in Munich and help us achieve our goals! 🚀
As a Frontend Engineer you will work on maintaining and extending the Yokoy software (SaaS) by building and testing new features, advancing the technology for scalability, and ensuring reliability. We are a product-driven company, and a visionary best-in-class product is the key for our customer’s success. Join our open-minded and intimate team and become part of one of the fastest growing scale-ups in Europe!
🧑🏽💻 What you’ll do:
- Your role involves refining, planning, and developing new features as part of an engineering team.
- You collaborate closely with our designers to consistently enhance design and user experience.
- You will work on enablement initiatives to ensure readiness for global scalability.
- You will get the opportunity to take ownership of projects and work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- You will participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and foster knowledge sharing within the team.
- You will troubleshoot and resolve frontend issues and bugs promptly.
⚒️ What you’ll need:
- You’re an accomplished Frontend Engineer with a track record of web development.
- Degree (University/University of Applied Sciences) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- You have a strong expertise with HTML5, CSS (incl. Precompilers like Sass)
- You ideally have a good knowledge of web components.
- You already have some experience with cloud software architecture (e.g. GCP, Azure, or AWS)
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs
- You are a problem-solver with a “can-do” attitude and an increased attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English; other languages are a plus.
🚀 What you’ll get:
- Resources and trust: you own your work and shape things from day one.
- Flat hierarchies: opportunity to work closely with the founders and the leadership team.
- Fast-paced environment: quickly measure and learn about the impact of your work.
- Flexibility: everyone has their own highly productive times - we look at the output and not at what time it was produced.
- Hybrid setup: we enjoy in-person sessions, but we have also learned (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working.
- Competitive scale-up package with the possibility to partake in the upside.
- Work anywhere: we offer up to 6 weeks remote work within the EU.
We are keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you would like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
👉🏽What’s going to happen next: we aim to get back to you regarding your application within 8 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. If you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, don’t be afraid to let us know.
If after reading our job ad you figure that this isn’t the right fit for you, feel free to share it with a friend or colleague who might be interested.
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy automates spend management for medium and large enterprises with artificial intelligence, combining expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate cards into one single intuitive platform.
🏢 Founded in Switzerland in 2019 by experienced business professionals and scientists, Yokoy is the leading, all-in-one fintech platform that provides an AI-based full spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. By combining automation, API integrations and machine learning developed in Yokoy’s own cutting-edge research lab, the company offers expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate credit cards in a single intuitive tool. All underpinned by the most up-to-date security and stability. Yokoy’s mission is to finally rid the corporate spending world of the legacy processes that have plagued it for decades and is backed by leading investors including California-based Sequoia Capital, New York-based Left Lane Capital and London-based Balderton Capital.