Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
Do you want to join us on the journey of disrupting the spend management business? Do you like to work in a fast-paced scale-up with a passionate and supportive team? Yokoy is hiring!
After closing our $80M Series B funding in 2022 and going through a hyper growth phase, we are now striving to lead the tech-focused transformation in our field and become the number 1 all-in-one spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. Join us as our new Security Engineer and help us achieve our goals! 🚀
As a Security Engineer at Yokoy, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the security infrastructure that protects our SaaS applications and data. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that security is an integral part of our development processes, from design to deployment. This role requires a deep understanding of security best practices, threat landscapes, and the ability to implement and enforce robust security measures.
🧑🏽💻 What you’ll do:
- You develop and implement security strategies, standards, and practices to safeguard our SaaS applications and infrastructure.
- You collaborate with development and operations teams to integrate security into the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- You conduct risk assessments and provide recommendations for mitigating identified risks.
- You design and implement security controls and technologies, such as firewalls, encryption, and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- You stay abreast of the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices to ensure our security measures are proactive and effective.
- You lead incident response efforts and participate in security incident investigations.
- You provide security guidance to teams and stakeholders, promoting a security-first mindset.
- You assist with, and drive certification cycles (ISO-27001, SOC I/II, PCI-DSS etc.)
- You act as a liaison between Engineering, Business and Clients with regard to security
- You develop a structured approach to Security Awareness and Risk Management
- You provide support to Engineering and Business with ensuring a high standard of security implementations, processes to enable Yokoy services.
- You help the company as a whole understand that security is en enablement service
⚒️ What you’ll need:
- You’re an accomplished Security Engineer with a track record of running the security processess and procedures for organisations.
- You hold a degree (University/University of Applied Sciences) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- You have proven experience as a Security Architect or Security Engineer in a SaaS environment.
- You have strong knowledge of security principles and best practices, including encryption, network security, and access controls.
- You have experience with cloud security, particularly in AWS/Azure/GCP environments.
- You are familiar with compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, PDPA, HIPAA) and experience implementing security controls to meet these requirements.
- You have excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ideally, you have obtained relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or a Cloud Certified Security Specialty.
- You’re passionate about Security, Business and Engineering.
- You are fluent in English; other languages are a plus.
🚀 What you’ll get:
- Resources and trust: you own your work and shape things from day one.
- Flat hierarchies: opportunity to work closely with the founders and the leadership team.
- Fast-paced environment: quickly measure and learn about the impact of your work.
- Flexibility: everyone has their own highly productive times - we look at the output and not at what time it was produced.
- Hybrid setup: we enjoy in-person sessions, but we have also learned (thank you Covid) how to be efficient with remote working.
- Competitive scale-up package with the possibility to partake in the upside.
- Work anywhere: we offer up to 6 weeks remote work within the EU.
We are keen to get to know you. Apply with your CV and/or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you would like to join Yokoy. We look forward to your application!
👉🏽What’s going to happen next: we aim to get back to you regarding your application within 8 business days. Our interview process tends to take around 4 weeks to complete. If you need more flexibility or are on a tighter schedule, don’t be afraid to let us know.
If after reading our job ad you figure that this isn’t the right fit for you, feel free to share it with a friend or colleague who might be interested.
This is important to us: Yokoy is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to make the future simple with us. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Yokoy automates spend management for medium and large enterprises with artificial intelligence, combining expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate cards into one single intuitive platform.
🏢 Founded in Switzerland in 2019 by experienced business professionals and scientists, Yokoy is the leading, all-in-one fintech platform that provides an AI-based full spend management suite for midsize and enterprise companies. By combining automation, API integrations and machine learning developed in Yokoy’s own cutting-edge research lab, the company offers expense management, supplier invoice management and smart corporate credit cards in a single intuitive tool. All underpinned by the most up-to-date security and stability. Yokoy’s mission is to finally rid the corporate spending world of the legacy processes that have plagued it for decades and is backed by leading investors including California-based Sequoia Capital, New York-based Left Lane Capital and London-based Balderton Capital.