Demand Generation Manager
Black Crow AI
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
The company + vision.
Everyone’s got the message: machine learning is changing everything. And for Fortune 500 brands in every vertical, it’s actually true — ML predictions are solving billion-dollar, migraine problems. But for smaller brands, the talent and investment needed to build an ML platform are simply out of reach.
Black Crow is changing that--fast. Founded by a team that has spent the last decade in machine learning, our mission is to help DTC brands turbocharge their growth by delivering bespoke, Fortune 500-grade ML predictions. It works out of the box, delivered as a service, and costs less than one data scientist. Integration: one click.
12 months ago, we had one DTC brand using our predictions. Now we have over 150 — including Solo Stove, SAKARA, Native, Keurig, and Bearaby. There are 50,000 more who haven’t heard of us yet.
Black Crow AI recently concluded a $25 million Series A led by top investors in the DTC and B2B SaaS sectors, and is well funded for multiple years
The team + culture.
This is the 3rd company Black Crow’s founders have started together. Both previous companies scaled to >$100MM and were voted ‘Best Places to Work’ in NYC many times.
The founders are building Black Crow to be commercially successful, high growth, and valuable. But that’s insufficient as an end--we’re also building a company that we actually want to work at! That means we are human first--we don’t expect anyone to transform themselves to show up at work. It means working together is a positive force in our lives, not something we tolerate for the paycheck. And it means we see diversity as a strength.
Where you come in:
Black Crow AI is searching for an experienced, creative, B2B Demand Generation Manager to own acquisition, nurture, and awareness marketing campaigns to drive qualified leads to our sales team and grow mindshare for Black Crow in our TAM.
What you'll do:
- This person will optimize and expand existing marketing channels that currently drive pipeline, as well as experiment and iterate into new channels to reach and convert our ICP, in order to scale lead acquisition and hit our growing demand gen goals, while maintaining or reducing cost per SQL.
- Partnering with the Director of Demand Generation, this person will work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Design, and RevOps to own the full lifecycle of marketing campaigns – from ideation, to execution and reporting – across paid channels (paid social and sponsored newsletters), owned channels (email & website), and events (virtual & in-person).
- Our primary drivers of growth require a direct response mindset, so our ideal candidate possesses strong concept development and copywriting skills with the ability to pull insights quickly from the data to understand campaign performance and recommend clear actions to optimize performance.
- 3+ years of direct B2B SaaS Demand Generation experience with a background in performance marketing, email marketing, and events
- Managing and scaling performance marketing campaigns end-to-end (audience selection, creative development, copywriting, landing page optimization, lead flow, campaign reporting).
- Building email nurture campaigns and growing a newsletter database in order to engage & educate prospects (email copywriting, Hubspot automation, lead scoring, campaign reporting).
- Providing marketing support for in-person events and virtual events (assist in developing engaging touchpoints, organizing marketing assets, coordinating cross-functionally pre- and post- events, managing required marketing operations).
- Project management skills to ensure campaigns are aligned with stakeholders across the organization, with urgency in execution, and the ability to create clarity in ambiguity.
- Attention to detail and the ability to proactively create processes to maintain a high standard of marketing execution and visibility.
- Generating new, creative demand generation initiatives and experiments to breakthrough to our target audience of DTC marketers that often are at the forefront of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced workplace and deal with ongoing change. The ability to collaborate and also work independently. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Meta Ads Manager
- Hubspot Automation
- Google Analytics (GA4/GTM)
- Salesforce Reports & Campaigns
- Google Sheets & Asana
- Understanding of the DTC landscape and ecosystem with the dynamics of how new products gain traction in this environment
- Experience in content development, design, or video production
- Knowledge of web development languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience with Chilipiper Routing & Zoom Webinars
MarTech experience desired:
Nice to have:
More about us.
+ Virtual-first and welcome employees from anywhere
+ Unlimited paid time off
+ Fridays are yours - complete flexibility on if or how much you focus on Black Crow each Friday
Love your job.
We love our work and our team. Our machine learning helps ‘flick the lights on’ for companies so they see their customers more clearly and can uncover the true potential of their tools and teams. In turn, we strive to do the same for our people. We’re here to shine light on each other and unlock known (and sometimes unexpected) potential.
Our vibrant team accomplishes buckets of awesome every day. We also partake in our fair share of daily laughter. Come build the company you’ve always wanted to work for - with inspiring products and a community of passionate people.