Customer Success Manager
To solve one of our generation's largest problems, we need the world’s best talent.
Our vision is to enable a sustainable food system. Our technology is already enabling thousands of restaurants, wholesalers, and producers across 7 countries to operate waste-free and efficiently. Yet, this is a drop into the ocean. We just started. Our goal to connect the global food system is extremely ambitious and complex. A problem of this magnitude and complexity requires a massive scale and only the best people will be able to solve it. We are gathering the best people globally together in order to succeed in our mission. Are you in?
For us, it is always team-first. Teams in which everyone subordinates their individual success to the team's success will win against teams that don't. Can you put your ego aside?
We are looking for the hungry underdogs that will rather fail than not try. We look for humility because it makes us learn faster. And we look for people who understand that hard work is necessary and that shortcuts don’t exist. We are playing the long game and want to build a truly generational company.
Our mission requires us to be fast. We believe that urgency is a mindset. We look for people who act with speed in everything they do, yet never lose sight of the bigger picture.
Fun plays an important role. We want to succeed and celebrate when we do. It is important to us that our people form real bonds in and outside of work.
We have no small plans, we are assembling a championship team, with people that take real ownership of our company’s long-term success. If you feel this is for you, then deep inside you, you might be already one of us.
See what we’ve been up to: bit.ly/3BX0kYj
Meet your team
- The Vendor Customer Success team at Choco strives to ensure vendor success throughout the partnership onboarding and product implementation journey. You will support our Vendor Sales team with the execution of deals and partnerships that we’ve closed with vendors.
- This position is a hybrid role based out of our Chicago office in River North.
What you’ll do
- Support the Vendor Sales team as they enter the negotiation process and take ownership of newly-signed vendor relationships
- Prepare and lead training for new users to ensure a seamless onboarding process
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure clients are optimizing the product for maximum benefit
- Share vendor learnings and feedback with product and marketing teams to help drive activities toward acquisition and engagement
- Work closely with the Restaurant Sales team to share opportunities and insights
- Coordinate a seamless vendor onboarding experience with the goal of the shortest possible time to value
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in Customer Success, with proven excellence managing internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communicator who is comfortable articulating complex and diverse technical solutions to partners
- Sales mentality with history managing QBRs, retention, and upsells
- Data-driven mindset with a focus on finding solutions and executing
- You are ready to build a generational company, and you want to solve food-waste
- You always put team success over individual success
- You are humble, enjoy learning and receiving feedback
- You take true end-to-end ownership of everything you’re working on
- You’re ambitious and can show proven resilience
- You’re fast, enjoy hitting deadlines, and see projects through to completion
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, the UK, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe - processing hundreds of thousands of tons of food every month.
We raised over $280mn from some of the world’s best investors like Bessemer Venture Partners, Insight Partners, Coatue Management, and LeftLane Capital. We are the first unicorn to reduce food waste.
We’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Rocket Internet, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.