Marketing Manager | South Africa
Moove is on a mission to build the largest mobility fintech for emerging markets. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
About the Role
As the Marketing Manager for South Africa, you will be responsible for developing and executing innovative marketing strategies tailored to the specific needs of the market. Your role will involve market research, competitor analysis, and customer insights to drive effective marketing campaigns and initiatives. You will manage internal staff and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a global matrix structure to create compelling content, manage advertising campaigns, drive advertising and application based revenue generation opportunities and oversee digital marketing efforts. By leveraging your expertise in local market dynamics and consumer behaviour, you will play a crucial role in expanding Moove’'s brand presence, customer acquisition, and fostering strong relationships within your target market.
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop specific regional marketing strategies and go-to-market plans to launch new products.
- Build Moove’s brand equity and sustain this progressively as operations scale across the region.
- Ensure operational excellence in executions while managing project teams to drive growth.
- Drive local activations and ensure positive ROI on all brand engagements including showcase events, partnerships, field activities, etc.
- Work closely with the communications specialist, business development team, CRM associates, and other key teams to execute all initiatives.
- Allocate the country budget to relevant initiatives and ensure actual spend is in line with the targeted outcomes..
- Act as the regional marketing POC and ensure key stakeholders are adequately informed of initiatives, progress, and reports.
- Utilise data-driven decisions to improve the performance of marketing efforts.
- Model our core values and promote them internally and externally
What You will need for this position
- A degree relevant to the job specification (Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, or any related field).
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years experience operating in a management role.
- Experience in the Mobility and Tech industry.
- Start-up Experience.
- Research, Data Analysis, Organisation, & Planning skills.
- Creativity and communication skills.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving abilities.
- Passionate about new technologies
- Passionate about Customer Experience and retention.
- Develop and implement customer retention and acquisition strategies, aligned to global matrix structure
- Develop and manage social and website strategy, aligned to global matrix structure
- Increase in Brand Awareness - % Increase in Brand Recognition
- Growth in Brand Equity
- Positive Net Promoter Score - Above 70%
- Design and implement various marketing material for business
- Create funnel to drive revenue growth in Advertising and Technology-Based applications
- Align with Global Marketing initiatives to build image and deliver on brand promise
- Responsible for providing South Africa updates to global communications teams for inclusion in customer and internal communications
- Strategic management of Customer relationships, experience and implementation of best practice strategies, aligned to global matrix structure and local operational requirements
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Managing Director- SA, and closely working with our Marketing Team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make financial freedom within reach.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratise financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.